Sunday, October 5, 2014

I Recently Harvested My Organic Manure Using Compost Bin or Khamba


 




The Wet compost can be dried like this in a sheet.



This is a Khamba , the 3 tier compost bin . I bought one like this two and half years back.

Using my Khamba (Compost Bin), I have harvested organic manure many times.
The pictures with open pots was taken on 5th October 2014 at my residence. 

This time the rain water seeped into the khamba .

So I used a sieve and filtered the compost . I will dry the marshy compost in the blue bucket by spreading them on a dry sheet for a week in sun and add to soil.

The second container has some dry compost. I will retain them for adding it in the new cycle of compost.

The rain water in the marshy compost  seems like a compost tea .

I filtered them in another bucket and collected them plastic bottles,  I will preserve them and use them to spray plants by diluting them in 3 parts of water. 

 If any one can correct the ways I am doing now , may leave your comments and suggestions with us now .

 It will be useful to many Garden Group members

Thank you
 Regards 
Sangeetha .
9382634871


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The phone number has been changed to 7358552372.